Operation of Client Installation, Launch, and Update Engine
Defining version number to launch the infobase
Searching for an infobase in an infobase list
Defining default platform version
Defining the number of the most recent version
Searching for a directory to install from
Searching for an installed version with a specific number
Searching for a directory with a specific version
Automatic selection of a client
1cestart.exe operates two configuration files: a local file (on a user computer in \Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\1C\1CEStart\1CEStart.cfg) and a shared file 1CESCmn.cfg (in the directory the launcher is started from). It is also possible to specify a link to the shared configuration file in a local configuration file.
During installation, a configuration file for all system users is created (in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\1C\1CEStart). The file contains shared settings.
When you run 1cestart.exe and 1CESCmn.cfg file is detected in the startup directory, a link to this file is recorded in the local configuration file.
If you add a specific infobase to the command line:
- A version number required to launch the infobase is determined.
- An installed version is searched for.
- If no installed version is detected:
- A client for this version is launched.
If you do not add a specific infobase to be launched to the command line:
- If a shared configuration file exists, a link to this file is added to the local configuration file.
- A default platform version is determined.
- An installed version is searched for.
- If the required version is not found:
- A launcher for the version is started.
The specified infobase is searched for in the infobase list
- If the infobase is detected:
- Platform version information required to launch this infobase is retrieved from the identified item in the infobase list.
- If a version cannot be identified:
- If the determined version number is incomplete, the most recent version that is either installed or available for installation is searched for. For example, the most recent version for version 8.2.9 is searched for.
The local infobase list is located on a user computer in "\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\1C\1CEStart\ibases.v8i".
The thick and thin clients retrieve information on infobases from this file as well.
Locations of shared infobase lists are specified in configuration files.
Upon the first launch of 1cv8s.exe, 8.2.9 thick and thin clients without specified infobase to launch, infobase lists of versions 8.0, 8.1, 8.2.8 are gathered and a common infobase list is created. A user is asked if lists 8.0 and 8.1 should be copied. Further actualization of is not provided.
- The default version is retrieved from a local configuration file;
- If a default version is not available in the local configuration file, the version is read from the shared configuration file;
- If configuration files do not contain default version:
- The most recent available for installation version is searched for;
- If no available for installation versions are found:
- The most recent installed version is identified.
The most recent version is searched for either when it is not known which version should be searched for or when only partial version number is known. For example, it is known that the most recent version 8.2.* or 8.2.9.* is required.
The most recent version can be searched both in the directories for installation and in the directories containing already installed versions.
The list of directories the platform is installed in is retrieved from the local configuration file.
The list of directories with installable platform versions is retrieved from shared and local configuration files.
A directory with a name starting with the required version number is searched for in every directory. For example, if version 8.2 should be launched, the directories with names "8.2.*" are searched for and the one with the highest number is selected.
- A list of directories with installation files is retrieved from the configuration file.
- Search for a directory with a required version is carried out in every directory.
If platform version 8.1 or 8.0 is required (without specific version number given):
- It is determined which directory platform version 8.0 or 8.1 is installed in.
If platform version 8.2 or higher is required or a specific platform version 8.0 or 8.1 is specified:
- The list of directories the platform is installed in is retrieved from the local configuration file.
- Search for a directory with a name corresponding to the required version name is carried out in every directory.
- Executable files of the platform are searched for in the directory itself and a version number is retrieved.
- A directory with a name corresponding to the required version number is searched for in every directory. For example, if version 188.8.131.52 should be launched, a directory named "184.108.40.206" is searched for.
If launcher is used for startup while "Select automatically" application type is selected for the infobase and no DefaultApp option is stored in the list, thin client is launched by default. At that /AppAutoCheckMode option is transferred to the application.
If /AppAutoCheckMode option is specified, an application is determined automatically based on the infobase data (default run mode for configuration and user run mode) and if the application does not correspond to the started one, the required application is restarted and its information is recorded to the infobase list in the DefaultApp option.
If DefaultApp option is available, the application specified in the option is launched. Note that /AppAutoCheckMode option is also transferred to the application.
All the command line options that do not relate directly to the launcher are transferred either to the interactive launcher or to the launched program (thick or thin client or the web client).
See also: Launcher Configuration File Format