"Configuration extensions" dialog box
The dialog box is intended for managing configuration extensions. To open the dialog box, on the Configuration menu, click Configuration extensions.
The dialog box includes a command bar and a tabular section.
The Name column contains the extension name. The name is taken from the property of the extension configuration and cannot be changed in this dialog box.
The Version column contains the extension version. The version is taken from the property of the extension configuration and cannot be changed in this dialog box.
In the Safe mode, security profile name column you can select a security profile where the extension is executed, or you can specify that an extension is executed in the regular (not safe) mode. If you select the regular mode, the infobase security profile must allow using this extension (or using external modules without restrictions). By default an extension is applied in the safe mode security profile.
- Use this menu for managing configuration extensions.
- Opens the dialog box where you can specify the extension properties. Once you add an extension, you can open it for viewing or editing by double-clicking it or by running the Open configuration command.
- Open configuration
- Opens the configuration extension window.
- Deletes the extension.
- Updates extension details.
- Show checksum
- Displays the extension checksum. You can copy the checksum to the clipboard.
- Actions that can be performed with the main configuration can
be also performed with configuration extensions. The following
menu items are available:
- Save configuration to file
- Opens the dialog box for saving the configuration to a *.cfe file. You can use this option to create a backup copy, for moving a configuration to another computer, for comparing it with another configuration, and so on.
- Load configuration from file
- Opens the dialog box for loading the configuration extension. The extension loaded from a file fully replaces the current configuration extension.
- Compare and merge with configuration from file
- Starts comparing and merging configurations. You can compare an extension with an extension previously saved to a file.
- Dump configuration to files
- Opens the directory selection dialog box for dumping the configuration to files.
- Restore configuration from files
- Opens the directory selection dialog box for restoring a configuration from files.
- Configuration report
- Opens the configuration
report settings dialog box.
- Check syntax in modules
- Runs the syntax check of all configuration extension modules.
- Check configuration
- Opens the configuration report settings dialog box.
Just like with main configurations, the platform stores the following configuration extension versions in addition to the main version: the configuration being edited and the database configuration. While an extension is being edited in Designer, it cannot be dumped. When an extension is used in a configuration, its name is checked for uniqueness. If the name is not unique, an error message is displayed.
||Creating configuration extensions|