Rules to Compare Two Values
If types of compared values are different, the relationship between the values is defined by type priority:
- NULL (lowest);
- Reference types
The relationship between different reference types is defined based on table reference numbers corresponding to a specific type.
If data types are the same, their values are compared based on the following rules:
- the Boolean type TRUE value is greater than FALSE;
- the Number type has standard rules of number comparison;
- the Date type earlier dates are less than later dates;
- for the String type strings are compared according to the national database parameters;
- reference types are compared according to their values (record number, etc.).