Editing cube dimension tables
You can edit a dimension table of an external data source cube in the editor window.
- Use this tab for generating descriptions of external data source cube fields.
- In the Name in data the source property, specify the name of the cube dimension table.
- In the Hierarchy name in data source property, specify the name of the hierarchy that includes the cube dimension table.
- In the Level number property, specify the hierarchy level.
- In the Presentation field property, specify the field that contains the presentation of the cube dimension table item.
- The bottom part of the window contains the list of fields that are described in the external data source cube dimension table. You can add or remove fields, as well as edit their properties and change their order. For each field that you add, in the property palette, in the Name in the data source property, specify the external data source table field that is linked to this field.
- When you delete a table, the wizard checks whether the table
is used for defining field types. If references to the table
are found, a warning is displayed, and the list of fields that
contain references to the table is displayed in the message