Editing external data sources
External data sources are intended for retrieving data from external databases.
External data source properties
Properties of a chart of characteristic types
In addition to the common properties available for all metadata objects, external data sources have specific properties, which are listed in this section.
Use the editing window to edit external data sources.
- This tab is intended for generating external data source table and cube descriptions.
- To add tables, click the Tables root item and then click Add. This opens the external data source table wizard window. It is intended for creating tables and describing their field structure.
- Once you create a table, you can edit its data in the external data source table editing window.
- To add cubes, click the Cubes root item and then click Add. This opens the external data source cube wizard window. It is intended for creating cubes and describing their field structure.
- Once you create a cube, you can edit its data in the external data source cube editing window.
This tab is intended for creating functions and expressions described in the external source.
To add a function, click Add. This opens the external data source function wizard window.
One a function is created, you can edit it using its property palette.
On the Rights tab, you can specify the rights for each role.