Report option editing
The form is intended to edit current report settings option.
The top pane of the form contains the field of report structure while the lower one is intended for the field of report settings and items of settings.
The content of a report is generated in the table box of report structure. You can select a checkbox near each structure item. If checked, the item is output to report results. Every row of the structure field contains columns (displayed in the right-hand portion of the field by icons) indicating settings presence. Every column corresponds to a specific tab of the settings field (Selected fields, Filter, Sorting, Conditional appearance, Additional settings). If some settings are changed in the custom field, it is indicated by an icon in the respective column of the report structure field. When you activate a cell in any of these columns, the settings field tab corresponding to this column is opened in the custom field.
Report option settings can contain a structure including available settings items. Such items include:
- nested report.
To add a settings item, use commands available in the menu of the report structure field All Actions - Add - ... (and select the type of the added item). To remove it, use All Actions - Delete command. The commands All Actions – Move up and All Actions – Move down are intended to arrange settings items (the report will be generated with the specified order). To specify properties of a settings item, use All Actions – Properties of Custom Settings Items. To restore default settings, use All Actions – Standard Settings. Note that all the changes of the current option will be replaced by the settings defined during configuration development.
While adding a new grouping, in the dialog that opens select the field to group by and grouping type. If the group field can't be set, the grouping will display detailed records and be named <Details>. When you add a new grouping, the autoorder and autoselect fields are added to its parameters automatically. When you add a new chart, autoselect is added.
To group selected records by the specified field, click All Actions – Group in the report structure item context menu and then select the field to group by and grouping type in the dialog (you can select hierarchical grouping or grouping by items). Note that if the grouped item already contains an autoorder field, this field is included in the new grouping as well. To abort grouping creation, click Cancel. To remove grouping, click All Actions – Ungroup. If hierarchical or only hierarchical grouping by a field is applied, the hierarchy type is displayed in the report structure in parentheses after field header.
To modify current grouping, use the All Actions – Edit command. This command allows you to change the grouping field and type.
The created report structure can be saved (All Actions – Save settings) as an xml file for future use (using All Actions – Load settings).
GROUPING ITEM is set up using the form named Grouping's custom settings. This form is opened using All Actions – Properties of Custom Settings Items of the report structure field. For a grouping, the following settings are available:
- Use Grouping flag – if checked, the grouping is used for composition.
- Grouping Fields – a set of fields used for grouping. Each grouping field of the data composition system has the following properties:
- Use Field flag – if checked, the field is used.
- Grouping Field – the path to the data of the field used for grouping.
- Grouping Type – the type of this grouping (Hierarchy, Only hierarchy, Items).
- Addition Type – indicates that dates are to be added in the period.
- Start Date – the start date of the period. It can contain a constant value or a field value.
- End Date – the end date for the period. Can contain a constant value or a field value.
TABLE ITEM is set up using the form named Table's custom settings. This form is opened using All Actions – Properties of Custom Settings Items of the report structure field. For a table, the following settings are available:
- Use Table flag – if checked, the table is used for composition.
- Columns – the value collection defining table columns.
- Rows – the value collection defining table rows.
- Selected Fields.
- Conditional Appearance.
- Output parameters.
CHART ITEM is set up using the form named Chart's custom settings. This form is opened using All Actions – Properties of Custom Settings Items of the report structure field. For a chart, the following settings are available:
- Use Chart flag – if checked, the chart is used for composition.
- Points – the value collection defining chart points.
- Series – the value collection defining chart series.
- Selected Fields – the selected fields that determine resources output to the composition chart.
- Conditional Appearance.
- Output parameters.
For the entire report (highlight the "Report" root item in the structure field) you can specify the following settings in the respective tabs of the settings field:
- Options - the set of fields defined for this option during configuration development. For every parameter, you can specify if it should be used in custom settings.
- User Fields – a set of user-defined fields. User fields can be used to specify settings together with ordinary fields except for defining other user fields. The data composition system supports two types of user fields: expression field and selection field.
- Grouped Fields – the list of fields used to group report data by;
- Fields – a set of fields that are output to report result;
- Filter – the filter that is set for the whole report. Each filter item of the data composition system has the following properties:
- Use Filter flag – if checked, the filter item is used.
- Field – filter item, value in the left part of the condition;
- Comparison Type – the type of comparison used to compare left and right values.
- Value – value in the right part of the condition;
- Sorting describes the way to order output records in the result. Every sorting item has the following properties:
- Use Order flag – if checked, the order item is used.
- Order – the path to the order field data.
- Sort direction – the direction of sorting: ascending/descending.
- Conditional Appearance – describes how to format different result fields. Every conditional appearance item has the following properties:
- Use Appearance flag – if checked, the conditional appearance item is used.
- Area – fields the formatting is applied to.
- Filter – the condition required for applying formatting.
- Appearance – appearance that is being applied.
- Additional Settings – contains an additional list of settings for the selected structure item.
To set up a report item, select it in the report structure field and apply the required settings in the settings field.
The assortment of setup parameters depends on the type of the selected report structure item. When you add ordering, sorting, conditional appearance, etc., a corresponding icon is displayed in the current row of the report structure table box. In data composition schema settings, wherever the fields are used, field data paths are displayed by default instead of fields.
In this mode, the following tabs are available:
- For a Grouping item:
- Grouping Fields
- Selected fields
- Conditional appearance
- Other settings
- For Table and Chart items:
- Selected fields
- Conditional appearance
- Other settings
If parameter fields are set on the Options tab, they are displayed in the list of available fields in the "Parameters" folder. When the report is run, corresponding parameter values are substituted in these fields. You can use parameter fields anywhere in settings except filtering and grouping. If conditional appearance is applied to a parameter field, it applies to parameter when its value is output in composition results.
On the Grouped Fields tab, you can select the fields to group by and the type of grouping. You can add a new field or auto field from the menu or context menu.
On the Fields tab you can select fields to include them into layout results. Using menu or context menu, you can add a new field, a field folder or an auto field. On the Fields tab, you can set user fields (selection or expression) to output in layout results. For a selection field, you should specify the header, filter expression, value and presentation. For an expression field, you can specify the header and expression for detailed and total records.
On the Filtertab, you can select fields for filtering composition result records. You can add a new item or folder from the menu or context menu. In this tab's columns, you can set a value for filtering composition result records for the item that you have added.
On the Sorting tab, you can select fields for sorting the report results. You can add an order item or auto order item. For an auto order item you can use All Actions – Expand command. When items corresponding to grouping fields are added to order and an auto item is expanded, the system checks whether there are attributes of those fields in the global order. If yes, they are added to the order instead of grouping field.
Available data composition settings fields are displayed in the following order: non-resource fields sorted by headers alphabetically, then resource fields sorted by headers, and then system folders.
If a field or a parameter has a list of available values, you can select a value from this list in parameter data composition settings or in field filter settings. When a value of a parameter or field that has a list of available values is output, the value presentation from that list is used in data composition results instead of the value itself.
Note 1: By default, field data paths are displayed instead of field headers wherever the fields are used.
On the Conditional Appearance tab, you can specify special formatting for data composition items.
On the Additional settings tab you can specify output options for a report or specific options to output such items for a report item.
On the Filter and Conditional Appearance tabs the command All Actions – Properties of Custom Settings Items opens the form of custom settings for the item. In this form you can specify names for the displayed fields (Presentation field), include the item in custom settings and specify editing mode.
Note 2: When you place a pie chart in report structure, note that if the points are set and the series are not, the system automatically uses points as series. For a line chart, if the series are set and the points are not, series are used as points.