Event log filter setup
Use the filter settings to configure the event filters.
Use the Main tab to configure filtering by period, by session data split, by computer name, by user, by event importance or by comment.
The Session data split filter field is not displayed if there are no separators that can be used in a custom filter, i.e. those that are not used in this session (not set, disabled). The field is intended to specify separator values that should be used to filter the event log.
If multiple applications are running simultaneously, you can use the application list to specify the applications for event filtering.
Use the event list to specify the event types that should be filtered.
Select an event filtering method. Use the Filter dynamically option to enable dynamic filtering, i.e. to automatically record all the new events that meet specified conditions in the event log. The Filter all at once option is applied faster compared to the previous mode but it does not allow for dynamic log updates.
The Data tab is used to specify the data to filter events by. Description of the data is provided in the Metadata, Data, and Data presentation columns of the event log.
The Metadata table box lists the metadata included in the metadata log. Check the metadata types that should be used as filter criteria.
Use the Data field to select the infobase object to filter events by.
Use the Data presentation field to configure string presentation.
The Other tab specifies extended filter parameters:
- Transaction Status —transaction statuses will be selected;
- Transaction — to designate a specific transaction;
- Sessions — to specify session numbers (comma separated);
- Production servers — central cluster servers are selected (for client/server mode);
- Primary IP Ports — IP ports of cluster manager are selected (for client/server mode);
- Secondary IP Ports — secondary IP ports of cluster manager are selected (for client/server mode).
Click Filters to save these filter parameters for future use.