of 1C:Enterprise provide ubiquitous and convenient work with application solutions on different client devices with different operating systems.
In this case, the clients can use the devices with a low processing capacity, mobile devices. The clients may not install at all on their devices the 1C:Enterprise software or may install a light client application which does not require a large amount of resources.
All the basic calculations, applied logic are implemented on the 1C:Enterprise server cluster which provides the scalability, fault tolerance, dynamic load reallocation and interaction with DBMS
that store the data of application solutions. If necessary, server cluster can be enhanced with the service infrastructure which allows providing the clients with the services of software usage as a service, keeping records of the consumption of these services, performing a general service administration, etc.
The term «cloud» is used in the designation of these technologies like a metaphor. It is based on the fact that the Internet is represented on the computer charts as a cloud behind which a complex infrastructure and all the technological details are hidden from the client. In 1C:Enterprise such infrastructure includes the following mechanisms and technologies:
- Ability to connect to the information base via HTTP protocol (HTTPS) thanks to which the clients can work online from anywhere in the world;
- Availability of web-client which does not require pre-installation on the user computer. Thanks to this, the clients can work on the unprepared computer or
- Failsafe scalable server cluster thanks to which 1C:Enterprise can serve a large number of simultaneously working clients;
- Availability of data separation mechanism thanks to which the application solutions can work in the multitenancy architecture, when a single instance of application solution launched on the server maintains multiple clients of organizations;
- Availability of service infrastructure that allows deploying the 1C:Enterprise applications in the SaaS model, when the supplier develops and manages himself the application solution providing the consumer with the online access. This business model saves the consumer from all the costs associated with installation, update and support of hardware and software; the consumer pays only the use of service.
There are four main scenarios for the use of 1C:Enterprise cloud technologies:
Cloud inside organization
Within a separate organization the cloud technologies can be used to ensure that the employees have an ability to connect to the information base from different places, even from those where 1C:Enterprise is not installed on the computers. It is useful for the leaders who move between the offices and require operational information about their subdivisions. It is useful for the managers, because they can receive the necessary reports almost from anywhere, in the sales outlet or supplier.
Also, the cloud deployed within an organization can be connected by the consumers who are not the employees. The suppliers, clients, contractors, etc. in order, for example, to receive the reports about the sales of their goods or their remains on the warehouse.
Advantages of cloud computing inside organization
- the employees can use the computers that do not have a lot of computing power,
- the employees easily move within an organization and between the offices,
- it is easy to connect the external clients, software installation is not required for them.
Cloud inside holding
Within a holding that merges several companies the cloud computing helps to reduce the costs for the service of the same application solutions. For example, in each company of the holding a business accounting is performed using the program 1C:Accounting. Then, instead of deployment and maintenance of own 1C:Accounting information base for each company, it is possible to deploy it one more time, for example, in the central office and use in the data separation mode.
As a result, each company will work with its own independent data area, and it is required to configure, update, back-up and make other administrative actions
for a single information base, rather than for several ones.
Advantages of cloud computing inside holding
- reducing the costs for administration of the same application solutions,
- quick and simultaneous update of application solution for all the companies.
Cloud for clients
The use of cloud technologies significantly simplifies the work in those cases when the potential consumers of application solution are not merged into the local network, have heterogeneous hardware and are not required to follow any obligatory requirements on the composition of hardware and software.
For example, automating the housing cooperative, it is possible to provide all the tenants with the ability to work with program online using only the internet-browser. In this case, in the majority of cases it will not be required to modify somehow their own hardware or install the additional software. Web-client operates under all the popular browsers, on the operating systems Windows and Linux
, on the IPad mobile devices
Advantages of cloud computing for the clients
- simple and comfortable connection to the program,
- mobility, ability to use the program from anywhere (at home, at work, etc.).
Work in service model
The cloud technologies are brought into play most completely when the work with application solutions is organized in the service model. The service model means that the consumers do not purchase the application solutions themselves. They pay only for the online use of application solution. The application solutions themselves are installed, work and are served by the service provider, on his equipment.
The provider provides twenty-four-hour uninterruptible work of application solutions, their timely update, backing up and a confidentiality of the stored data. In order to keep a record in one or another 1C:Enterprise program, the consumers pay the supplier a certain amount of services to be used by them, connect to the require program using the browser and keep a record in it.
Such business model eliminates the consumer from all the costs associated with installation, update and support of hardware and software. All these tasks are taken by the service provider who provides the consumer only with the use of program as a service.
Each of the programs provided in the service model operates in the data separation mode. Each of the subscribers (legal or physical persons) who connect to the service may have several physical clients (for example, organization employees). Each of subscribers can work with multiple programs at once. As a result, in a certain program for each subscriber his own data area is allocated in which his clients are working.
For the subscriber everything looks like only his clients work with the program. For the service provider all the subscribers who work with program address to a single information base. That is, a single program instance launched on the provider serves all the subscribers. Thus, for example, the program update is performed by the provider quickly and simultaneously for all the subscribers.
Advantages of work in service model
- the consumer does not bear the costs for installation, update and support of hardware and software,
- the consumer is free to select the time and place to work with program, because the provider provides its twenty-four-hour online work,
- guaranteed stable work on the last program version that corresponds to the last changes in legislation.
It is possible to see alive how the work in service model looks like on the site 1cfresh
which provides an opportunity to use the familiar applications for online accounting and business conduction.