New in release 1C:Enterprise 8.3
- Development of cloud technologies and increase of stable work in service mode
- Client applications for Linux
- Mobile platform of 1C:Enterprise 8
- Upgrading interface, input and display of data
- Upgrading the work of web-client
- Improvement of external data sources mechanism
- Development of complex analytical reports
- Automated testing
- New tools for developer
- Remaking the mechanism of joint work with file information bases
- Work of background jobs in file variant
- Other changes
- Localization support
- Full list of changes
Development of server cluster of servers
A new architecture for balancing the load of a server cluster is implemented:
- Administrator defines the composition of computers (operating servers) on which the cluster is located;
- Can determine the "requirements" for them: what services and connections with information bases should work on each of operating servers;
- The cluster managers and working processes are launched automatically based on the designated "requirements";
- The "requirements" for operating servers can be specified interactively from administration console or programmatically from the script.
It is possible to set the level of fault tolerance for cluster as a number of operating servers that can simultaneously fail and this will not result in disorderly closedown of the users. Backup services are launched automatically in an amount necessary to ensure the specified fault tolerance. Replication of active service on the backups is executed in real-time mode.
The load is distributed automatically between the servers based on the actual analysis of their available productivity. The manual load correction is possible for the individual operating servers by limiting the number of information bases and connections serviced by a single working process on the particular server.
An ability to limit memory space used by the working processes is introduced. It is possible to limit the maximal memory space used by all the working processes as well as to limit memory space used in a single call of working process. This allows improving the stability of server cluster to the careless actions of the users.
Two new services are implemented in a cluster:
- Licensing service;
Gives software licenses to launch the client application and to use 1C:Enterprise server. The presence of a separate licensing service allows easily configuring the cluster operating servers or deploying the cluster on the virtual servers with dynamic changes of the parameters.
- Service of external session control;
Allows limiting a number of users connected to the same information base. Inform the external system about the beginning and the end of session receiving in response permission or inhibition to start a session. The interconnection with external system is performed via web-service containing a specific set of methods.
Memory consumption by the cluster wroking processes is significantly reduced.
Improving fault tolerance and enhancing load distribution in a cluster
A considerable number of the changes is applied aimed to improve the work of existing mechanisms of cluster fault tolerance and mechanism of load distribution in a cluster:
- During failures or changing the purpose requirements, not only the services are transferred in another cluster manager, but also their states. Along with this, the service termination on the initial cluster manager is executed and the resources used by it are released;
- Among the services for which the replication of states is executed, there are the service of object blocking, the numeration service and the background restructuring service;
- The scheme of session data storage is modified in such way to avoid the possible conflicts for accessing them in the cluster that has several servers on one physical server. As well as to avoid the conflicts that can occur when transferring the service of session data;
- One more algorithm is implemented to select a suitable working process for a new connection – memory saving mode. In this mode the working process is selected that already has the connection with a given information base and which is launched on the server having the largest amount of free memory;
- The new feature of purpose requirement is implemented - Priority. It is analyzed in the cases when the type of original requirement is the same for several servers;
- Protection of cluster register from incomplete writing is implemented. This increases the register reliability;
- The algorithm of available productivity determination is modified such a way to take into account the load degree of processor and a number of the threads waiting for it.
- The process of session creation is optimized. This optimization is noticeable on such operations as connection of multiple clients to the cluster or connection of one client to the cluster that already has a big number of sessions.
Service provider who provides the services of the online use of 1C:Enterprise application solutions cannot be always sure in reliability of application solution developed by the third-party suppliers. However, he must ensure uninterruptible work of entire service as a whole, of other application solutions provided within this service.
For these purposes, the security profiles are implemented in the server cluster. They prohibit the application solution to do the actions that can be potentially dangerous for functioning of the server cluster and of the entire service. These actions are:
- Access to the server file system;
- Launching the COM-objects;
- Use of external components of 1C:Enterprise;
- Launching the external processors and reports;
- Launching the applications installed on the server;
- Access to the Internet resources
Downloading the thin client from Internet
When the users work in a local network, the platform can automatically update the version of client application if the version installed on the server has changed. Now this automatic installation of thin client with necessary version is possible also in case when the users are connecting onlin to the server cluster.
If there will be a mismatch of client and server application versions, the platform can download and install the necessary version of thin client using HTTP-connection or web-service. The address from which the distributive of thin client should be obtained can be transmitted by the server or explicitly specified in the settings of the client part of 1C:Enterprise.
Support of secured internet-connections
Support of SSL secured connection and certificates in all the platform mechanisms that use Internet is implemented:
- Thin client (both for Windows and Linux);
- Web-services of 1C:Enterprise;
- Script objects that implement the work with protocols FTP and HTTP;
The certificates from the standard storage of operating system or from file can be used. It is possible to configure the use of certificates in command line or in the dialog of information base startup parameters.
Support of external components and extensions
In Google Chrome and Safari browsers support of external components and extensions is implemented to work with files and cryptography.
Restructuring of information base in background mode
During operation of application solution, usually the changes are applied to it. These changes can affect the database structure. In this case, when configuration is updated, the information base restructuring is executed.
Restructuring is executed in the mode of exclusive access, that is, during this period the work of users with program is not possible. On the complex multifunctional application solutions and the big information bases the restructuring can take a significant time.
Earlier the mode of exclusive access was required for all the time of restructuring execution, and this process had to be continuous. If it was interrupted, the next time it was necessary to start everything over again.
Now, most of the restructuring changes are executed in the background mode without interrupting the work of users. The exclusive access is still required, but only in the last short restructuring stage.
Background restructuring works only in client-server variant of the system. It can be launched interactively, from the Designer mode or from the command line. The process of background restructuring can be temporary stopped and later continued from the "place" on which it was stopped.
Earlier the work of users in operating system Linux was possible only using web-client under one of the Internet browsers supported in Linux.
Now, for operating system Linux the client applications are created similar to those that exist for operating system Windows:
- Thin client that provides the work of users in the manageable application mode;
- Thick client that proves the work in general and manageable application mode;
- Designer, to administer information base and change configuration.
Both of these client applications support the file and client-server operation variants. They a implemented both for x86 and x86-64 architectures.
Thanks to this, in operating system Linux not only the users of 1C:Enterprise applications can work, but also the developers of these applications as well as the administrators of information bases. For the developers of application solutions the set of recommendations is created regarding the features of OS Linux. Read more...
The mobile platform of 1C:Enterprise 8 is developed which includes:
- Mobile platform by itself (distributive) operating under operating systems Android and iOS;
- Technology of generation and publication of 1C:Enterprise 8 mobile applications.
A number of objects is implemented which enable to determine and display the geographic location of mobile device and the mail address corresponding to this location. Now such opportunities are available as:
- Determination of available geopositioning providers and receiving information about each of them;
- Selection of the most accurate or the most energy efficient provider;
- Determination of actual location (longitude, latitude, height above sea level, traffic route, speed, date);
- Ability to automatically update location depending on the time period or the distance from the point of previous location;
- Receiving the address by location and receiving the location by address;
- Displaying the address on map. For displaying the map is used provided by operating system iOS or the mobile maps Google Maps (for Android). With the maps Google Maps the mobile platform operates "directly", their installation in a separate application is not required.
The opportunities of taking the shots, video and audio recording are implemented.
New interface "Taxi"
The platform obtained the new interface Taxi. Its distinctive features are the large font and maximization of workspace. In addition, it implements a number of new approaches to work with application solutions:
- The functions required for convenient navigation over the application solution are implemented in several auxiliary panels: tools, favorites, history, etc.;
- The developer of application solution can specify some standard composition and location of these panels according to the application purpose and features;
- The user can independently construct his own workspace placing the panels in different areas of the screen;
- It is possible to add to Favorites both the data objects (documents, the items of catalogs) and the commands;
- The full-text data search is implemented now as a standard platform function;
- Navigation panel of the form in new interface is located over the workspace, not from the left as before;
- A big number of changes is applied which concern the individual form items and the form appearance as a whole;
- The calendar appearance is changed. Now the selection of the month and year became more comfortable.
Work without the use of modal windows
The option of interface operation without use of modal windows is implemented. It allowed removing a number of problems associated with the features of different browsers under which web-client is working. Thanks to this mode now:
- The opening of new browser windows is not happening that increases the performance and stability of web-client;
- In many cases the additional browser configuration becomes unnecessary since 1C:Enterprise no longer uses the pop-up windows;
- Any configuration that uses web-client can operate on iPad and other mobile devices.
Improving list setup
The work with list settings is seriously improved. The settings look easier, it is more comfortable to use them and they are the most similar to the report setup. The conditions by which the selection is performed are automatically displayed in the list form. All of this will facilitate the work of users with the lists. In addition, all the settings of the lists without exception are saved now automatically. And if it is not enough, the user can save the settings manually by specifying the meaningful names for them. As a result, it is possible to save several versions of configuration for the same list.
Improving input by the line
A new powerful mechanism of the search in the input box is implemented. It can quickly search among the millions of the records contained in database. The new mechanism provides the following qualitatively new opportunities:
- Selection of the search method: at the start of line or in any place of the line;
- Ability to use the full-text search (useful for the large data volumes or during the search by several words);
- Ability to execute the search as a background job (also useful for the large data volumes).
Button of creation on input
Adding of new data items is significantly simplified. Now in the list dropped down under the input box there is a button of new item creation. It allows creating new data item and automatically adds a link to this item in the input box.
Batch print of spreadsheet documents
An ability to print several spreadsheet documents with one batch is implemented without appearing the print dialog. In addition, it is possible to save all the documents contained in the batch in PDF file based on the number of copies and collation.
More simple browser configuration
If the application solution uses the recommended modes of interface operation (In tabs or interface Taxi and without usage of modal windows), then the check of how the blocking of pop-ups is configured in the browser becomes unnecessary and is not actually executed. This simplifies the use of web-client especially in first launch.
Work on iPad
We applied a set of improvements in the version of web-client operation on iPad. For example:
- support of standard gestures for zoom in and out is implemented;
- all the items that have an ability to scroll contain the scrollbars;
- to improve the usability of applications only the mode of interface operation In tabs is supported and only without usage of modal windows;
- the mode of multiwindowing emulation is no longer supported.
- Navigation and editing in the form table is improved;
- It is possible to set the arbitrary representations for the references to any objects (both of 1C:Enterprise and the external sources): catalogs, documents, etc.;
- The navigation links are implemented to the commands of global command interface and to the lists. Clicking the link to the command executes this command, and clicking the link to the list opens the list form;
- New data type is implemented – FormattedString in which you can specify the color of text/background, font and hyperlink. The formatted string can be the form attribute and displayed in the label field;
- Design of drop-down list is improved for the input box;
- Design of hints is improved for the form items. It is possible to set the hints:
- displayed inside the item when it is not filled;
- tool tips on mouseover;
- displayed always near the item;
- displayed when clicking a single button.
- The groups located in the form can be highlighted with different background color;
- In web-client the opportunities for editing the scpreadsheet document are greatly expanded.
Improvement of external data sources mechanism
- The functionality of external data sources is expanded. Now, it is possible to attach to the application solution the multidimensional data sources, such as:
- Microsoft Analysis Services;
- Oracle Essbase;
- IBM InfoSphere Warehouse.
- When connecting the external source, it is possible to use the operating system authentication;
- The work with external sources is improved that are not the databases Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 or Oracle Database;
- The references to the objects of the tables of external sources now participate in the search of references along with the references to the objects of 1C:Enterprise information base;
- The work with the external sources is supported that contain the hierarchical data;
- An ability is implemeneted to override in software the form opened to view the data of external source;
- The external sources can participate in data separation and be incorporated to the separators;
- It is possible to use in the forms the link to any table of the external data sources;
- Editing of report settings is made more comfortable and understandable. Now they are edited in the separate report fields, rather than in a single table as before;
- In the expression language of data composition system the statistical functions are added enabling calculation of standard deviation, variance, covariance, correlation, regression. Also a number of algebraic and trigonometric functions is implemented;
- In the data composition system the output of the fields in report is implemented from the data sets that are associated with a given data set, but are not connected among themselves;
- In the charts the modes for smoothing, combining the elements of series are realized, as well as the new types of the charts: Funnel and Solid funnel;
- The work of functional options is unified in the manageable forms and in the data composition system.
A new mechanism is developed that allows performing automated testing of the application solutions of 1C:Enterprise 8.
In the script it is possible to describe an algorithm that simulates the interactive user actions, to replay the algorithm and control the results of its execution comparing them with etalons.
Also an ability to save interactive user actions in file is implemented for their further analysis or for generation on their basis the automated test.
Cross-platform administration tools for client-server operation variant
Earlier, to administrate the 1C:Enterprise server cluster, a computer had to exist as a part of system which operates under operating system Windows. On this computer the utility was launched with which it was possible to do all administrative actions with cluster.
Now the cluster administration can be executed from any computer operating under both Windows and Linux. To do this, in 1C:Enterprise two tools are implemented:
- Administration server;
- Command line utility.
Administration server is a cross-platform application and is designed to pass the control commands to a single 1C:Enterprise server cluster. It can be launched as a console application, as a service of operating system Windows or as a daemon of operating system Linux.
To form the commands for administration server and display the information received from it, the command line utility is designed. It is also a cross-platform application. This utility supports the entire set of commands required to administrate the server cluster.
Dumping the configuration structure and data in a set of files and downloading from it
Any configuration can by uploaded in the specified directory as a set of files. The configuration objects are dumped in a set of XML-files. The program modules are dumped in the text files. The help is dumped in the HTML-files.
Through the use of XML format it is possible to process and analyze configuration both by the software tools and manually. It is possible to load/dump the configuration either interactively in the Designer or from the command line of Designer startup. Read more...
The work of configuration repository is greatly improved. The internal repository structure is changed that allowed increasing the volume of data placed in it. Thanks to the implementation of new algorithm, the comparison of different versions of the same repository object is executed much faster. Meanwhile, it became possible to compare not only the objects as a whole, but the separate properties of the objects from different versions.
The parallelism of configuration development process is increased by optimizing the reference integrity control. The developers who change the same configuration are now less dependent on the actions of each other, because when receiving the data from the repository or placing it there, more intellectual analysis of mutual dependencies of the objects is performed. This allows capturing fewer dependent objects.
Optimization of configuration comparison and update
The use of RAM is optimized when comparing and merging the configurations, as well as updating the configuration.
Creation of the form event handlers
The client event handlers of the form can be created now simpler, faster and more convenient. Immediately when creating the event handler template, it is possible to select the future "scenario" of program code execution: only on the client, with transition to server or with transmission of the entire form context to the server. Depending on the selected "scenario", the platform will create in the form module the template of the future software code.
Areas in the module designer
Module designer implements an ability to allocate the arbitrary text areas, to group and collapse them, just as the instructions of the cycles, conditions, procedures and functions are collapsed. For each text area that the developer highlights he can give its own name. This allows with a simple and understandable way to allocate the module parts that have a similar meaning, makes the modules more "readable".
Context help for parameters of the procedures and functions
The context help is improved. Now, when typing the parameters of procedures and functions, the context help is also given for them with indication of the types and possible syntax options.
Using the developer comments in the context help
The development standards mean that each procedure/function written by the developer must be preceded by the comments prepared according to the specific rules. These comments describe both the purpose of procedure/function by itself and its individual parameters.
Now, in the context help an automatic detection and displaying of such comments is realized that correspond to the format of development standards. When typing the procedure/function, information about the function and its variants will be displayed, and when typing the parameter – information about this particular parameter.
Methodical links in syntax assistant
In the syntax assistant at the end of each description the link Methodical information is added. Clicking this link will open the browser window in which the links to the methodical materials for the chosen section are displayed. These links are selected daily from such sources as ITS, partner conference, knowledge base for technological questions of large deployments, website of 1C:Enterprise 8, conference of first-time developers, etc. This mechanism will help the first-time and experienced developers to find quickly information about the platform mechanism of interest or about a particular script method, property on the different resources of 1C company.
A new mechanism is developed that controls the joint access of the users to the file information base. It works equally both in operating system Windows and Linux.
The file information base must be published on the resources that support the protocol SMB (CIFS). Publication of local resources in network can be performed both in Windows and Linux.
The joint work is possible only with the client applications of the same version. The maximal number of applications working simultaneously with a single file base is 1024. During the system operation, the service files are created with extension of CFL that have a size of zero and are not deleted after termination of client applications.
An automatic work of the background and scheduled jobs in file variant is realized without mandatory launching of a separate service connection and calling the special method. Now, if the thin or thick client is launched, as well as web-server has the client connections, then in each of these applications one more thread is launched with connection to database that sequentially executes the background jobs initiated by a given user.
- The formatted document is seriously improved. Now, from the script it is possible to completely control the document content and create the documents of any complexity;
- Using the platform tools, the support of two-sided printing is implemented as well as its configuration from the script;
- In the script ability is implemented to load and preprocess the graphic files that contains the signatures and seals. This allows simplifying the creation and improving the appearance of print documents;
- In the Designer, in the form designer, it is possible to interactively configure the content of the charts, dendrograms, Gantt chart, spreadsheet documents, graphic and geographic scheme that are the form attributes; in many cases this eliminates the use of templates or software filling of these attributes;
- Report about the comparison of roles is made simpler and easy to read;
- The process of information base publication on web-server is made convenient and transparent. Now, it is possible right in the Designer to view and change all the publication parameters;
- In the event log the fixing of event is implemented associated with authentication using OpenID;
- Support of 1C:Enterprise operation with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is implemented;
- Support of work with browsers Windows Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and 3.5 is terminated.
- Two new languages of platform interface are implemented: Azerbaijani and Chinese;
- Generation of number in words and period representation in French language is realized.
- Work of web-client is accelerated;
- Work with DBMS Microsoft SQL Server is optimized:
- number of locks is reduced in multi-user work by using the transaction isolation level READ_COMMITED_SNAPSHOT;
- work with temporary tables is accelerated;
- data writing and reading is accelerated;
- information base loading from file is accelerated;
- information base restructuring is sped up.
- Work with DBMS PostgreSQL is optimized:
- updating the results is accelerated;
- ability to place the indexes and data on different physical media is implemented;
- configuration update of information base is sped up.
- Work with DBMS IBM DB2 is optimized:
- execution of some operations is accelerated;
- parallelism is increased when working a large number of users.
- Work with DBMS Oracle Database is optimized:
- work with results is accelerated;
- work is sped up when using the complex restrictions at the level of database records and fields;
- configuration update of information base is sped up.
- Scalability and performance of server cluster is increased when working with the reference data types;
- Execution of queries is optimized that use a structure IN HIERARCHY;
- Execution of complex queries to the accounting register is optimized;
- Reading from accounting register and writing to accounting register is sped up in some modes;
- Execution of queries is optimized that use statement RESULTS and return a large number of records;
- In the information registers the storage of results is realized that enabled to speed up the obtaining of the slice for the first and the last information registers;
- For some platform mechanisms the work with memory is optimized;
- Form opening is accelerated by optimizing data reading with dynamic lists;
- Work with the results of registers is optimized in the data separation mode.
The full list of changes can be viewed in file V8Update.htm.
With a standard installation of Windows platform this file is located in the directory: C:\Program Files\1cv8\220.127.116.111\docs\ru\
With a standard installation of Linux platform this file is located in the directory: /opt/1c/v8.3/i386/docs/ru/