Accounting registers are the applied configuration objects. They are used in the mechanism of business accounting and allow conducting a multilevel and multidimensional analytical accounting, accounting with multiple charts of accounts, optional conducting the numerical, summation and currency accounting for individual sections of analytics, etc.
With a type of accounting register it reminds an accumulation register: it may have a set of dimensions in the section of which the numerical values of resources are accumulated. Also it may contain a set of attributes to store the additional information related to the register records:
The accounting register is associated with one of the used chart of accounts and stores the accounting results in accordance with its structure. Information in the accounting register is stored as the records the structure of which is constructed by the system automatically depending on the settings of various accounting items that is performed when editing the chart of accounts. For example, the record may include the fields to input the corresponding accounts, sums, ext-dimensions, currency quantity, type and currency amount:
The accounting register can operate in two modes: with support of correspondence and without it. In case when the mode with support of correspondence is chosen, the mechanism of dual recording will be started to work and each register record will contain the required fields AccountDt (debit account) and AccountCt (credit account). If the register does not support the correspondence, each record will contain only one field - Account:
Connection with recorder
Since the accounting register records represent the specific economical operations performed in the enterprise, each of them is associated with a document, - recorder, line number of this document and date - period. The composition of documents which can be created by the records in the accounting register is specified by the developer when creating the application solution:
Register records wizard
The algorithms with which the records are generated in the register are described using the script procedures in the procedures of appropriate documents. The system contains the register records wizard which helps the developer to create the algorithms of document conduction. Read more...
The system provides the uniqueness control of records stored in the accounting register. Thanks to this, it cannot be two records in the accounting register associated with the same line of the same document.
List form and form of record set
In order to make it possible for the user to view data contained in the accounting register, the system supports a display form for accounting register – a list form. It allows sorting and selecting the displayed information by several filters.
The system can automatically generate this form. Along with this, the developer may create his own forms which will be used by the system automatically instead of default forms including the form of record set which allows adding, changing and deleting the accounting register records.
Accounting register functionality
The main functional capabilities provided by the accounting register are:
- selection of records in a given interval by specified filters;
- selection of records by recorder;
- obtaining the remains and transactions for the specified point of time by given values of parameters (account, ext-dimensions, measures, corr. account, corr. ext-dimensions, corr. measures);
- obtaining the remains for the specified point of time by given values of parameters (accountDt, ext-dimensionDt, accountCt, ext-dimensionCt, dimensionCt, dimension (for balance) and dimensionDt, dimensionCt (for non-balance));
- operation mode with separation of the results which provides the higher parallelism of writing in the register;
- disabling the use of current results;
- calculation of results for a specified date;
- reading, changing and writing a set of records in the register;
- ability to write in the register without recalculation of the results;
- complete recalculation of the results and recalculation of the results for a specified period.